
Stephanie (My Wife) and I got married in 2004, had Noah in Sept of 2005, had Ian in May 2007, and Cohen in June of 2008 and we are expecting to have another boy, "D-Will" in August of 2009. Being a dad and having your first child be a son is pretty awesome, being a dad and having four boys in four years is even more awesome.
As of right now, I don't do bows, dresses, makeup or earrings.
I do sports, airplanes, cars, trucks, Handy Manny, wrestling, poop, farts, burps, bugs, spiders, Choo-Choo's, and fohawks.
I, in no way want to say that our situation is better or worse than anyone Else's, because many of you have had much harder situations than us, however, I think we have a unique situation and want to share it with you.
Since we found out that we were having our fourth boy I have been interesting in finding out the stats on our situation. As you know the odds nation wide on having a boy vs. a girl are 51/49 taken from here.
The odds of flipping a coin and getting heads four times in a row is 1 in 16.5. or about 6% of the time.
The odds of having your first four kids and the same sex is at about 12.5% just from a statistics point of view.
| Family Size | Same-Gender | Mixed-Gender |
|---|---|---|
| 2 Children | 50% | 50% |
| 3 Children | 25% | 75% |
| 4 Children | 12.5% | 87.5% |
| 5 Children | 6% | 94% |
| 6 Children | 3% | 97% |
| 7 Children | 1.6% | 98.4% |
| 2-Children Families | ||
|---|---|---|
| All Boys | | |
| Mixed | | |
| All Girls | | |
| 3-Children Families | ||
| All Boys | | |
| Mixed | | |
| All Girls | | |
| 4-Children Families | ||
| All Boys | | |
| Mixed | | |
| All Girls | | |
Considering that we are a family of six and the worldwide family size average is less than 3, I can honestly say that we are in a category less than 1% of the worlds population, and to think that we did it all in less than four years without multiples is crazy.
I have been changing diapers for nearly four straight years and come August will have another two years on top of that assuming we don't have any more kids (which is still in negotiations). In August of 2011,also assuming that the fourth boy is potty trained, I can say I have been changing diapers for 6 straight years, Almost 1/5 of my life.
Many of you have asked how many diapers we go through in a week. Honesty, I don't know, but starting on Monday I will figure out what we go through in a week and figure out the monthly and yearly number.
My name is Spencer and I am a father of four boys under four.
What do you want to know? What do want to see? In order for me not to make this a Journal entry blog I want to know what you want to know.
And so four in four begins. -S



6 comments:
This should work now.
What a fun idea, Spencer! COol points to you for loving your Daddy-life and being such a supportive husband (also extra cool points for starting this blog!).
My question is, how often do you guys have to get up in the middle of the night & how do you do it? Do you take turns? Take different nights? Always you? Always Stephanie? DO you have a new plan when #4 comes?
That's pretty funny. Do those statistics really account for Utah though? I mean...I keep thinking of all the people I know that only have 5 boys or have 7 girls in a family or even more...
Interesting,funny,and wonderful all wrapped up in one
I want to know how often a week the wipe tears and you get a finger full of brown and yellow yuck!
Fun stuff! So, what is the possibility that you'll start a new blog next year called five in five?
Post a Comment